Robins Class Year 1 and 2
Welcome to our class page
This Half Term we will be answering the question...
What did the Victorians do for us?
Log on to Discovery Espresso to find out more about Victorians.
Wednesday is wonder Wednesday, the children wonder what Mrs Andrews will bring in. The idea is for children to experience the 'awe and wonder' of the world around them, to question, explore and experiment.
DOODLE app Top Tips
Ten minutes daily is better than an hour weekly. This is because children forget what they’ve learned – even after a few days – if they don’t keep applying it. So here are our top tips for building a daily habit:
- Associate DoodleMaths with a particular daily activity or time of the day. It may be before breakfast, on the school run, or whilst their sibling is reading to you or doing their piano practice. It could be when they get in from school, before they watch a TV program or have their daily blast on Minecraft. Perhaps it’s how they earn that extra after-school biscuit?
- Focus on “Streak”, that is, how many days they’ve used it continuously. We track this metric ourselves, and know that over 50% of 7-day streaks turn into 30-day streaks. You’ll find streak information on the parent dashboard and in the parent app.
- Put a visible reminder on the fridge. This is especially important earlier on when trying to establish a routine.
- Allow local and push notifications when you download the application (or later from your device settings) – then we’ll send a reminder for you.
- Download DoodleMaths on all your devices – it will cleverly synchronise their progress, and you’ll avoid that “the iPad’s out of battery/at work/no internet/being used by sibling” situation.
Our half term homework.
Design and build a planet.
You may change your child's reading book as often as you like. It is always good to read a variety of books so don't feel you have to only read and record the school reading scheme. Please do not change your child's stage without having a chat with us first.
Remember outdoor PE kits
in school all week.
Please keep a pair of wellies in school all week so the children can wear them if we go outside and for walk and talk when we go on the grass. They will always need wellies at all playtimes whether on the grass or playground.
To achieve the end of year expectations children should be able, amongst other things, to do the following. If you wish to do extra work at home with your child you may want to use these. Please remember that children all progress at different rates and that some children did not achieve all the previous years objectives and therefore would not necessary be expected to achieve all the following year objectives. If this was the case then they may find the following too challenging to complete but could be working towards some of them.
Thank you for all your support.
- Spell numbers one to twenty correctly
- Count to 100
- Tell the time to o'clock
- Count in 10's, 5's and 2's
- Spell the days of the week
- Spell all year 1 words
- Read all year 1 words
- Spell all the year 2 words
- Read all the year 2 words
- Spell numbers to twenty
- Know multiplication tables 2,3,5,10
- Know division facts for the above multiplication
- Add and subtract 2 digit numbers
- Add and subtract mentally
- Tell the time to quarter to and quarter past