Getting ready for starting school
Top Tips before the big day make sure you have:
- At the end of the Summer Term bought your child a school book bag
- Bought your child’s uniform and checked what the school policy says about where to buy. (can be found here)
- Make sure everything is labelled with their name
- Checked if the school has a second hand uniform sale (before the end of the Summer term)
- Checked out the start dates for your child and know how many days your child may be half day before going full time
- Checked the start time and finish times of that first day
- Checked which school entrance to take your child to and the way into the school grounds
- Shared any concerns you may have about your child settling or starting with the school (either directly or through the pre-school)
- During the school holidays talk about school in a positive way. Look on the school website for a photo of the child’s class teacher and use their name when talking about them
- Visited the school for the Summer Fair or other informal open events that are held by the school.
- Visited the website www.foundationyears.org.uk to find out more about what your child will be learning at school.
- Looked at activities provided at your local Children’s Centre that can help children prepare for school including summer holiday activities.
- Make sure that you have completed all the relevant forms for your new school.
Any concerns please contact the school